Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where Eric takes a new tone

Scene: Bottom of new hill.  I am attempting to explain what we are going to do.

 

Me:       Up to Franklin, left, and then up over the knoll.

 

Eric:     You’re saying we go up and turn left and then keep going?  How far?

 

Me:       Up over the knoll.  You know, where hill actually crests.

 

Eric:     You fool!

 

Eric had lots more to say during our hill workout.  He kept quoting Mr. T.  Nevertheless, he powered up each time with me right behind him right to the end.

 

First we did 10 x bounding up a gentle rise on Custom Street then we attacked the super steep Bingville Street one block over.  Unlike the bounding drills, the Bingville portion required a walking return in order to recover.  Got 5 in before we were spent.

 

A nice cooldown finished out the time and I got a total 9 miles in.

 

I did a 5 mile warmup before meeting up with Eric.  I took my time - putting in some striders, high knees, downhill windsprints, and lots of stretching.  Felt good to loosen up before the hill workout.  Tomorrow’s an easy day!

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

You fool!

Wished I was there...

6/25/2009 7:15 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

you sure are serious about these hills!

6/26/2009 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home