Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Endorpholicious

Went out for an easy aerobic 2hrs 15mins this morning and I felt great.  The pace was easy, the body in tune, and the miles just slid by.  The pace fell into that sweet spot – cruising altitude.  The first 10 were a breeze and mile 11 and mile 12 and mile 13 and then mile… euphoria.  Without preamble, a flood of endorphins entered the bloodstream and the world became a very wonderful place.  All fatigue and effort just melted away.

 

I came back down to earth around mile 14.5 but the effects lingered as I buzzed home.  Wow, I like running.

 

18 miles @ 7:09 pace and then cooled down for .7 to finish out the time.  Good run, 18.7 total.  Still feeling good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ernesto Burden said...

I know the feeling and love those moments -- though for me they happen at a somewhat slower (!) pace than the one you describe! Would love to get my long distance cruising pace from 7:55-8:10 down to what you're running! Awesome.

6/24/2009 11:19 AM  
Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Are you sure you're not friends with Barry Bonds pharmicist--those might not be endorphines. After yesterday's workout I find your comments today disturbing. Maybe I'm just jealous. See you tomorrow.

6/24/2009 12:15 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

So do I Andrew. Wish I could do it!

You're handling the 100+ mile weeks well - good stuff.

6/25/2009 3:43 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

This is getting scary!

6/25/2009 4:40 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

i'll have whatever you're having please.

6/25/2009 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home