Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Must blog

Not much to say but I thought I better put my run on the blog.

Ran an easy 15.45 miles this morning. Total time was 2:28:xx (9:15 pace). HR 127. Temp w/wind chill 6F.

Not a slog, a nice easy jaunt with several stops here at the house to stoke the fire up to acceptable levels. (The time reflects these stops - totaling about 10 minutes or so)

Felt good. However, as the day wore on, my quads have bothered me and I'm feeling a little low. I should have blogged about the run earlier, I would have had more nice things to say.

Not sure if I'll do the 20 minutes hard tomorrow. I'll check with the quads. That particular workout is tough on them and I don't want to end up injured. I've had quad issues before - notably just before the '06 Holyoke Marathon and in the middle of training December '03 or '04. I can't remember. Anyway, I do remember it brought on the winter blues for me.

If I don't do the 20 minutes hard, I'll do all 12 miles easy.

Marc's calf acted up again today. Even Lydiard Mike had a rare one. That alone is enough to get any us of down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

I'm jealous of your wood stove. Not sure if the condo board would approve of me installing one (they won't even let us have dogs, tyrannic bastards!). My next house will have one for sure though (and a dog).

Hope the quads behave.

12/21/2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Uh oh - you've got to fend off the winter blues.

Perhaps Mr. Finch can follow the lead of the Italian mayor who erected a giant mirror on the hillside to give his mountain-shadowed hamlet some sun light in the dark winter.

12/21/2006 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home