Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Lazy Hundred

That's how I described this week's training to my friend Marc yesterday and we both laughed. I guess it's good to think doing one hundred miles per week is not too stressful if one takes the 'hard' days away.

It is stressful however, as my previous posts about fatigue have shown. But today's 12 was so smooth I forgot what it was to be tired.

I ran easily and met up with Eric at around mile 5. We ran together for 4 more then he sent me off for my final 3. 8:20 average pace with an average HR of 137.

Left leg today gets the honors for being the most bothersome. Hamstring a little sore in the final miles. Otherwise, not bad. I'll continue with this easy stuff through Monday before kicking up the dust next Tuesday. That's if I'm ok.

Whenever I'm hurt or otherwise having a problem running I look at the intensity chart:

Duration/Distance
Speed
Frequency

And choose a component to adjust to get the needed relief. Last Friday on the busted run I obviously adjusted distance. Then immediately changed the frequency by not running the next day. But now I have added back the distance and frequency but have toned down the speed component until next week. It helps me to look at my running in this manner.

Training: 12.4 miles in 1:43:25. Warm out today at 43F.

3 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Was it the lazy 100 miles we laughed about? I thought it was your witty 'Pilate' comment on Mike's blog.

January 7. Boyden Lake. Its on the Calendar.

12/14/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Must be the mild temps, I can feel the effects of laziness clear across the Bay. Thanks!

12/14/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

I like the rational behind your adjustment method. Good luck in achieving the trifecta again next week.

12/14/2006 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home