Friday, July 03, 2009

Where Green Means No

I was tapping on the computer around 4:30 this morning when the light outside the window went suddenly green.  It was so odd I went outside to check it out.  The wind picked up and I noticed the dark clouds coming from the west.

 

What followed was a long protracted thunder & lightning storm.  The rain came down in sheets, lightning flashed everywhere, and the thunder was continuous.  It lasted for the entire time that was allotted to my run and I didn’t get to go.

 

I can run in just about any weather condition except lightning.  So now I’m without my run – even if it was just an easy 75 minutes.  And I feel horrible.  It’s like withdrawal symptoms.  I can’t wait for this day to be over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

It just means you'll be that much more spry for the race on the weekend. Not that you need it, but good luck!

7/03/2009 5:13 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Good luck running tomorrow's race!

7/04/2009 6:06 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

last time i saw a green sky there was a tornado... glad it was just some t-storming.

sorry, i'm way behind on reading, was too lazy on vacation :)

7/06/2009 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home