Sunday, June 28, 2009

Afternoon Recovery Run

Starting the mileage slide as I get some good recovery from the recent high mileage and hard workouts. The plan was today was to wait until the afternoon before I went for a short recovery run. Did 4.8 miles at a super slow pace to get some kinks out. Feeling the recent work.

These cut back weeks are not only great but necessary. I'm looking forward to hitting some fast miles next Sunday. I'm planning on the crash and burn method of racing - start hard and push until the pieces start flying off. It's a rush.

4.8 miles @ 10:46 pace. High knees, stretching, leg shaking (?? I know it looks weird, but it makes the legs feel better).

3 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Now we're talking! I could have run with you two days in a row. Well, only for the 4 mile cool down yesterday.

I think we need a vid of your drills. A good laugh will help me forget my recent loss of form ;)

6/29/2009 5:24 AM  
Blogger Trevor said...

So this is the closet you come to a rest day, eh Andrew?

Leg shaking - I'm picturing you in an Elvis costume.

6/29/2009 6:01 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

doesn't it feel weird doing only 4 miles? i feel inadequate doing a 4-5 mile day and i'm not even anywhere near your volume of running. (though, i do enjoy the mental break of a short run)

i, too, vote for a video of the leg shaking.

6/29/2009 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home