Monday, June 29, 2009

Listening

I had enough creaks and groans to be a haunted house after Saturday’s workout.  Fatigue is in check but the legs were talking.  Everything from the knees to the hamstrings.  No real pain but a soreness that I know can develop into something worse if I don’t tend to it.  So with next Sunday’s race in mind, I’ve started the recovery three days earlier than originally planned.  Yesterday’s recovery run just wasn’t sufficient, so I went out again this morning for a nothing run.  Felt sluggish due to the run being over before I even woke up.  But I got some blood flow in there and just crawled around town for 48 minutes.

 

I didn’t enjoy this morning’s run really but had to be done.  I was feeling slow and the weather was unsettled with some strong wind gusts out of the east.  The ocean was choppy and I saw part of one tree down.  The pain is diminishing as expected and I think by next weekend I’ll be ready to roll.  Looks like tomorrow’s hill workout will have to be changed into something a little more civilized.  I wonder if Eric will do the hills solo?  It’d be fun to watch and yell commentary.

 

4.5 miles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Whatever you want to do is fine with me Andy. I might have something to say back.

6/29/2009 10:22 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Take care of those creaky legs!

6/29/2009 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home