Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life is getting early

Had to come in to work early this morning which means I lost an hour.  The schedule called for a two hour run which required a 3:30 start.  I was dragging.  I didn’t break a 10 minute average until the 6 mile mark and made it to 8 in 1:16:xx.  After that I had a few good miles but was still tired.  I hauled Eric off his planned course at mile 12 and made him accompany me for my finish.  Very accommodating, that soul.

 

I finished out with 13.3 miles for an average 9:02 pace so those final miles were at about an 8:13 pace.  Caught up on lots of Bloomberg podcasts that had been piling up.  Some good quotes were in there.  My favorite:

 

“The market is going to bring the government to its knees… and senses.”

 - Axel Merk on the government’s massive deficit spending

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Was glad to have the interruption. Great training.

5/20/2009 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Ernesto said...

Ugh. That's some early morning running. Kudos to you for the willpower!

5/20/2009 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home