Sunday, May 17, 2009

Soggy Sunday


The above photo is Marc and Eric on a soggy Sunday morning in Eastport. Eric was running by the house as we were preparing to drive to Pembroke.

Marc made it down for the Sunday run this weekend. His calf injury prevented him from running but he rode his bike along side as we put in 14.83 miles on the Cobscook 10k race course. The course goes along Leighton Point Road in Pembroke and then after a couple of turns, makes it way to the Reversing Falls Park. Ocean views, horses, deer, rabbits, meadows, birds, graveyards, and salt air all are present. It's a quiet, beautiful course.

The plan was to go out and back and then bleed off any remaining time on the clock. While we followed the plan, it rain so heavily that it felt like I was carrying five extra pounds of water. Soaked through in a matter of minutes, this was one soggy run. But we carried on and still enjoyed ourselves. Marc got caught up on all the jokes he missed.

It's a real treat to have someone ride their bike beside you. But it did quicken the pace up a little bit. I think we would have run a little easier if we were both on foot. Tomorrow I'll be running very slowly to make sure I get sufficient recovery. I didn't work as hard as yesterday but I still felt like today's pace was still faster than I intended.

We ran in the direction of the race, reach the end, and turned back. When we got to the car at 12.4 miles (20k) I still had to run 20 more minutes. Marc stopped at this point to warm up the car and grab a coffee for me. So when I got back, I was able to get into dry clothes and sip a hot coffee right away. What a good friend.


And finally, I see part of Mike's recovery protocol involves twitter! He's Love2RunCanada.

1 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Missed seeing you and Marc, next time right? Tweet!?

5/17/2009 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home