Saturday, May 16, 2009

Long Run Lonesome 2

Now that Mike is recovering from his surgery, I'm on my own until he is better. Not that I'd rush the poor guy into running before he was ready just so I wouldn't have to run alone. I mean, I wouldn't do that. But you'd think he'd at least drive over and hand me water when I need it. And maybe just do a few miles. Not fast, mind you. Just a jog. But if I know Mike, his feet are up and he's looking six weeks of ice cream right in the eye.

So I ran alone. It turned out ok despite the solo effort. The schedule called for 2.5 hours today. I got in 19.36 before my time ran out. Felt good the whole way. Bit of progression with the first 10 @ 8:11 pace and the last 9 @ 7:00. A short cooldown finished out the allotted time.

A treat tomorrow! Marc is going to join me. Either on foot or bike - depending on the status of his calf injury.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

The ice cream is good but no beer allowed! I'd love to supply water and stuff but you have to come here to get it. Any races scheduled yet?

5/16/2009 7:37 PM  
Blogger Garry said...

Nice run. I can't sympathize with you on being alone as that is how all my runs are. Knowing the warrior Mike is I am sure he will be joining you again soon.

5/17/2009 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home