Monday, May 18, 2009

That old hollow feeling

The miles are starting to accumulate and that old hollow feeling is coming back.  It’s been so long since I’ve trained in this manner that I’ve forgotten some of the oddities that come with it.  I am now hungry.  All the time.

 

The other noticeable difference is just how long it takes to get on pace.  A 15 minute warm up is now extended to an hour.  But after an hour or so, I feel pretty good.

 

Today was the typical Monday scenario.  1:45 on the schedule combined with an early day at work.  So sleep was less than 6 hours, my prep period less than 45 minutes with a start time of 3:45.  Everything felt rushed.  But the run got done.  I think I left my favorite water bottle in Marc’s car so I stayed close to home for hydration purposes.  The first 3 miles was in 30 minutes, the 2nd in 28 minutes.  Then finally, the body woke up and I got in another 5.88 in the remaining 47 minutes.  Felt good the entire way.

 

Hopefully it won’t be long before I have that old euphoric feeling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Great string of runs Andy. Impressive. See you tomorrow.

5/18/2009 1:26 PM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

You will, you will. I'm featuring you guys on my blog

5/18/2009 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home