Thursday, May 10, 2007

Smart Running

Smart:  Intelligent, Savvy
 
Smart:  Handsome, nattily dressed
 
Smart:  To hurt, to hurt while running.  To run while tears form in the eyes and whisk away in the breeze.
 
 
Ugh.  After Sunday's nice run and Monday's day off, I had a good Tuesday.  10 miles @ 7:23 pace.  A little sore but nothing to speak of.  Wednesday was a different story.  Each step was torture.  4.5 miles was all I had.  In fact, I stopped half way through to take my bearings.  I ran a few 50/50's to see if I couldn't at least get some blood flowing.  It seemed to work a tiny bit.
 
Today started out as bad as yesterday.  After 2 miles I was toast.  Every fiber in my legs was as tight as a banjo string.  So tight my feet were cramping.  As I was slogging home with my tail between my legs I came across Eric.  For some reason I couldn't help but just try to run with him at his faster tempo.  After some initial discomfort, the pain subsided into the background.  It must have been my chatter as I got distracted from the soreness below.
 
Anyway, Eric saved the workout and I was out for 90 minutes just over 10 miles.  May 10.2 , maybe longer.  I'm taking tomorrow off.

2 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

So, when you run do you hear 'Dueling Banjos'?

5/11/2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Did you pout at Eric? In all seriousness, smart move. Heal up soon.

5/12/2007 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home