Saturday, May 05, 2007

Jumpy Muscles

No run today but got a massage instead.  He said my muscles had the "post-race jumpies".  Since I haven't run a race in awhile, it's due to starting up the good miles again.  Today he worked on the quad muscles and hamstrings.  They were very sore.  Hopefully this will get me back on track so I can run long.  I don't want to run hard just now, I just need to be able to run for hours.
Tomorrow I run with Mr. Smarty-Pants who's "tsk, tsk's" and "told-you-so's" will flow freely.  Well, we'll see what trouble I can get him in.  By the way, Mike - do you have any more of those kippers?
Week 1 Recap
Sunday:  13.2 miles @ 7:55 pace
Monday:  15.85 miles @ 8:30 pace
Tuesday:  10.7 miles @ 9:04 pace
Wednesday:  16 miles @ 8:03 pace
Thursday:  12.53 miles @ 8:41
Friday: .75 mile bust
Saturday:  Massage
Total:  69 miles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Kippers? and I'll bring some duct tape to keep me quiet. Not ;-)

5/05/2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Smart move with the massage. Despite Friday, sounds like a good week. Hope the momentum can continue for you next week. BTW, great story about your daughter's perception of the unicorn in your last post.

5/06/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

*Pictures Andrew with duct tape*. Mike, "RedGreen" would be proud of you...lol

Massage, ah yes I think I need to book one of those one of these days.

5/07/2007 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home