Monday, April 30, 2007

Running

How did your run go today?  I had the most wonderful 15.85 mile jog this morning.  The legs didn't hurt and just as I was finishing I entered the "improvement zone" where I feel like the aerobic system is working.  It has to be true that these 5 milers, while easy on the bones, do absolutely nothing for me aerobic wise.  I am too far past that now.  I'd rather stay home...
 
If my legs hold up, I'm going to just get back into some long easy runs so that my heart rate stays elevated for the proper amount of time to receive a benefit from the exercise.  Is this the curse of the marathon runner?  Being unable to improve without running for over 2 hours?  It's probably why Lydiard made sure to have his runners run very close to the aerobic threshold so they wouldn't have to run for 4 hours at a time.
 
Nevertheless, I enjoyed being out there.  I ran easily @ 8:30 per mile.  I ran out of time at 2:14:xx.  Goes to show you what mood I was in.

1 Comments:

Blogger lifestudent said...

love reading the stories of people who know what they are doing :) I am worried about having to do a 5miler on saturday and you are worried that a 5miler doesnt do anything for you anymore. Someday, in about 10 years, I too may have that same concern!

4/30/2007 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home