Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Shouldn't Be Long Now

I have a morning test called "walking downstairs".  I'm hoping that there will soon be a day when there is no soreness or pain in the left quad as I walk down the stairs.  This morning, I had to really think if I was feeling any discomfort.  I was, but very little.
 
It's now at the point where I could go out and run, I think, but history has shown me that I tend to delay the real cure when I do.  And since I'm still many months from my next marathon, I have the luxury of not worrying about it.
 
The major downside just now is the weather has turned gorgeous and Eastport is turning back into its island paradise of bright mornings, cool breezes and beautiful scenery.  And I've been wishing to be out in it.

3 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

This weather certainly does beckon one to the roads.

4/24/2007 11:45 AM  
Blogger MB said...

I use a similar stair test for my right shin. The problem is there but it's not enough, I think, for someone to diagnose. Been working it for at least six months now.

How about cross-training, walk, bike, etc.?

Can't wait to get up there to see the island paradise. A little over two months from now.

4/24/2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Now that you mention it, the stair test is a good indicator but I generally ignore all the signals. See you on the roads soon!

4/24/2007 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home