Thursday, August 31, 2006

No good run goes unpunished

As Thomas warned, watch out for those good days because they can mess with the next day's training. Well today, I wasn't exhausted or anything, but I had to deal with the right calf being pretty tight and my right heel hurting just slightly. Looks like I'll be icing both all day today (and stretching).

What started out as a gentle jog as the sun rose brightly over Campobello Island turned into a pretty long, boring, slog of 12 miles. Too bad too since there are days when you like to just go along slowly and enjoy the scenery. Also since Marc told me of a nice 12 miler he ran recently on the carriage roads of Acadia National Park, I was thinking that a slow 12 miler today would fit the bill. But it was not to be. I was hoping Eric would be out but our paths didn't cross and it wasn't long that with the calf bothering me and the pace slow, I got a tiny bit bored and wishing I was home. I should have brought my MP3 player.

But the deed is done, the miles in the log and soon I'll be sipping some coffee and all will be well.

12.15 mile slog in 1:45:31. Wx beautiful, wish I could have enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home