Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Drizzly 10

Just the thought of running 'only' 10 miles made me smile as I left the house in the pre-dawn darkness amid the drizzle. I planned on running quicker today but with no target pace in mind. I took it easy up the 1st mile hill and then added some pace for mile two. Mile two passed in 7:36 and it's funny how with the extra mileage that feels like a pretty quick pace. However I was relaxed and feeling very good with the exception of a tight calf muscle and some tenderness in the hamstring. I decided that I would be sure not to stress either of these muscles with any foolish notion of running a certain pace.

As luck would have it, I met up with Eric on top of Redoubt hill and we ran together, a nice easy relaxed pace that answered my need for "quicker" but within the limits of some muscle fatigue that was showing on mile 2. By the end of the run I had averaged 8:15 per mile with a nice low HR of 136. It is most likely why I feel so good just now. No pain or fatigue. Like I didn't run at all...

10.45 miles in 1:26:14. Wx drizzly, 59F.

1 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Nice run A, I know the feeling but it's a rare treat. Keep up the good work!

8/29/2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home