Monday, August 28, 2006

Easy but Hard

Went out this morning into the drizzle to shuffle 15 miles. My course was two out & back's up Redoubt hill. To help get me going in the darkness, I loaded The Federalist Papers onto the MP3 player. You can find this download at Americana Phonic. By mile 5 I wanted my thoughts to myself so I turned it off.

The run was very easy with a low HR without much notice of yesterday's 22. That is until mile 13 or so. Then for some reason, I was out of gas. I think I was a little dehydrated. I didn't take any water so I only had a drink half way through. Sometimes that works fine, but I paid for it near the end of the run. It didn't slow my pace down (I wasn't going very fast to begin with) but when I finished I was glad to be done.

15 miles 2:12:32. 9:11 pace first half / 8:26 pace 2nd half.

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the first five of the Federalist papers and am going to queue them up on my run tomorrow. I have had limited success with finding interesting books through my local library online. The trouble is they are usually around six hours long and my mp3 screws up after about four and a half hours and it's a serious pain to try and fast forward. It's pretty sad when you hear two-thirds of a book and then miss the end.

Kind of like dropping out of a marathon! That'll be me if I don't get my training back together.

cheers

8/28/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Hey Andrew,
You are really cooking with the running lately, dodging airplanes and roving dogs. Crazy schedule here and won't be around next weekend either, moving the daughter phase 2 for me. Hope to get a post in soon. cya!

8/28/2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home