Saturday, July 11, 2009

Safe Harbor Drills

I had to work this morning so I didn’t get to catch up on my sleep - which means I was full body tired this morning.  But when I feel weary, energy small, when I’ve run lots and lots of miles, and I can feel them all, it’s time to stride… (Ewen – pick it up)

 

A nice bridge over these troubles is the drill workout.  It’s my safe harbor workout.  Low mileage and refreshing while doing some nice stretching that I normally don’t get from the normal run.  I did high knees, high kicks, striders, skipping, bounding, and even running backwards.  All on the soft grass of a baseball diamond’s outfield.  I’m guessing 2.3 miles total including the run to and from the ballfield - but I really don’t know.  Total time was 41 minutes.

 

During my last cutback week prior to the race, this type of workout did wonders to perk the legs back up.  And I can tell that it worked today as well.  I’m looking forward to a nice run tomorrow.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

i was just thinking today how i need to start doing drills again regularly in hopes that it'll just help keep the legs awake. i haven't done them in months. i was doing them 1/week way back when - do you do them regularly?

7/11/2009 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home