Thursday, July 09, 2009

Foggy Footsteps

Dense fog this morning.  My glasses kept clouding over and visibility was down to nothing.  But it was cool with temps barely breaking 50 so it was good weather for a run.

 

Today was a quality day with 2hrs 45mins on the schedule.  It went very well and turned out to be a 20 mile high aerobic workout with a 3.1 mile cooldown at the end.

 

Miles 1 - 5 @ 7:16 pace

Miles 6 - 10 @ 6:45 pace

Miles 11 - 15 @ 6:42 pace

Miles 16 - 20 @ 6:45 pace

 

Average of 6:52 for the 20 mile portion.

 

Then I cooled down for 3.1 miles to finish out the time at an 8:59 pace.  I felt good throughout the run.  Comfortable with minor periodic fatigue lows during the final 5 miles.  They didn’t last long and it’s good to experience these in training as you can bank on feeling these lows in any race.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

everyday when i go to run in 85+ degrees i think of you and your lovely 50's. i have to remind myself that it's probably not as pleasant in the winter so i feel better about myself.

nice run! i think it's insane that you get in 20 before work. impressive.

7/09/2009 12:03 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

Mmm, I reckon I could run with you for the first 5 miles - but there'd be no conversation from my side, and if you cracked a joke you'd drop me immediately.

7/10/2009 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home