Sunday, July 19, 2009

Look Who's Back!


Boyden once again came alive with running and laughter as Mike was back to run the loop. It was so good to restart the Sunday tradition! I was so excited I woke up at 2am thinking it was time to run.

Finally, time ticked on and I was off to Perry for another Blind Moose run. When I pulled up to the usual corner he was already there and ready to go - but first we must get a photo of the famous scar!



We fell into our old tricks right away and the miles just slipped away. Mike's recovery program calls for Galloway style walk breaks every 10 minutes. Two problems with this method:

1. Mike walks twice as fast me
2. It's kind of hard to get going again

After each walk break I'd have to run a little harder to catch up with him. At one point I suggested we carry radios so during the walk breaks I could continue my story. I don't understand how people can walk so fast.

We finished the 13 mile with fudge and fig newtons. Some habits never die.

*************

Double Sunday

After breakfast, a nap, and lunch I went out for some additional miles. Nothing serious. I jogged a two mile warmup and then 4x hill. After my 4th hill Margaret wanted to run. Sounded good to me. We did .8 miles and I finished with another 1.1 w/some easy striders. 5.5 total for the second session. Felt very nice but it was too warm for comfort being the middle of the day.

Week total: 90.9 miles.

5 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Great run Andrew and I actually liked some of the jokes today, the one about the wilderness guide especially. I'll be working at reducing the walk intervals for next time. Cya next weekend!

7/19/2009 8:08 PM  
Blogger Bill Carter said...

Hi Andrew

Very impressive stuff! Was that 90.9 miles for the week? I guess I will have to quit complaining about my 74 mile weeks...

Great meeting you.

7/19/2009 10:15 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

It's great to have the Blind Moose reunited, but I'm not entirely surprised that a session of Gallowalking was not enough for you.

7/20/2009 4:24 AM  
Anonymous home exchange said...

That is a very impressive mileage! I'm jealous! Sounds like you did some really good work! Esp running after a Sunday dinner... :-)

7/20/2009 10:06 AM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I could have predicted Mike's walking would be better than yours - he's been practising!

I like your suggestion about running with the toaster... but I want it to last another 20 years.

7/21/2009 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home