Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Rain (and wind)

Gusty one today with the occasional downpour. Temps around 60. Today's schedule called for 3 hours. I felt like doing a steady pace workout at a comfortable effort.

After a great night's sleep and yesterday's drill workout that loosened the muscles, I felt good from the get-go. The only hard part of this type of workout is the final half hour as the you enter the 'long' part of the run. But the pace didn't falter so I was pleased.

I ran two out and backs on the highway for 24 miles @ 7:15 pace (2:54:00) and then a .5 mile cooldown to finish out the time. Total miles: 24.5. Like Thomas, I had to deal with some pretty tough wind gusts on the two return trips back into Eastport. The 2nd return was easier than the first as the gusts had died down some. This one factor gave me a 1 minute negative split.

I'm looking forward to running with Mike next Sunday. I haven't run with him in a couple of months! We're doing 13 around Boyden Lake and he's promised some walking breaks. Sounds like a great time.

97.83 miles for the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Looking forward to lots of walking, photo, nature and other breaks!

7/12/2009 6:07 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

That's great news that you're linking up with Mike again. Go easy on him, will you (I'm talking about the jokes here ...)

7/13/2009 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home