Friday, June 12, 2009

Workweek Fatigue

I was tired this morning for today’s workout.  2hrs 15mins on the schedule in the pouring rain.  The body felt ok but the end of the workweek is the toughest part of the week as the sleep deprivation catches up.  I’m looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and running in the late morning.

 

The 7 day moving average bumped me back into the stimulus zone today marking 95 miles.  These 135 minute runs are an interesting workout.  Slightly too long to tempt any tempo style pace and slightly too short to really fatigue the body.  Add in the elements this morning and it could be rated tougher than normal.  When the time came to leave the house the rain was coming down in buckets.  I wore my Gortex jacket knowing full well that I might be too warm.  But the thought of getting soaked in the first 60 seconds didn’t appeal to me.  So off I went.

 

I felt snug in my jacket and hood and wasn’t overly taxed with the heat as I was running easily.  But when I got back to the house after 10 miles I opted to shed the jacket and change my shirt so I could feel fresh for the final part of the run.  It worked.  The last 6 miles were done much quicker and I felt a ton better.  Plus the downpour had changed to drizzle which is a lot easier to deal with.

 

Tomorrow is a 2 hour workout which I really like.  Sometimes I can throw a few good miles in there.  But we will wait until tomorrow to see if I feel fresh or if I need another slow one.

 

~16.15 miles total.  8:22 avg pace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with tomorrow's run. Hopefully it will be a lot dryer.

6/12/2009 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home