Thursday, June 04, 2009

Dropping like a rock

Today the 7 day moving average dropped below the 30 day moving average as I continue to cut back for the current 6 day cycle.  Ran super easy today with Eric for 75 minutes probably getting in around 7.5 miles.  I had to walk through the new growth to get around the airport fence.  In past outings, I’ve been able to run through the bushes etc but now it is too grown up.  Will probably avoid this little cross country section until fall as it was rather difficult to navigate.

 

The 7 day average stands at 78 miles now and will drop further until the cycle picks back up again beginning on Monday.  I am estimating the average will drop as low as the mid 50’s before it starts to climb again.  Balancing solid mileage with proper rest and recovery has never been my strong suit.  But this year I’ve got 4 scheduled cut back cycles that coincide with some local races that I want to run.  Add any additional recovery days that are necessary and I am hoping for improvement by October.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grellan said...

Andrew, are you training for a particular race?

6/04/2009 6:17 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Green Mountain Marathon in Vermont on October 17th.

6/04/2009 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home