Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Recovery? run

Back from a week layoff.  So at 3am I jumped out of bed ready to resume. And I felt good out there but not that good. I realized the old legs need a little time to get the kinks worked out from no running last week. In fact I had an inkling this would be the case as near the end of last week I had leg cramping while I slept.

So I ended the run at 5 miles, pleasantly refreshed. The left thigh muscle was a little tight when I ended so I'm glad I did stop and had not continued on to some damage. Typical roller coaster training for me but I'm the one that has to live with myself and I can't beat myself up over it all the time. As long as I keep getting back up I suppose.

I was hoping to see Eric out there but it was a little early for his run I think. I was in the mood for a little company. He has kept his blog alive and it is nice to see his training continue even after the school year start. 

See you tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

It's good to see you out and about. Work can suck you out if you let it so hang in there and have some more blueberry pie!

9/02/2008 7:38 AM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

Thanks for the quote: I can't beat myself up over it all the time.

Moderation. Nice

9/02/2008 9:40 AM  
Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

I've been getting out at a tardy 4:35 to 5 'ish. I'm sorry for slacking.

9/05/2008 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home