Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Long

Third weekly 20+ in a row and I feel good about it.

Got to run with Marc again which was a treat. He made the trip down and we ran the Boyden loop. We started a little later than usual due to being up late watching the men's Olympic marathon. Therefore the temperature was a little higher than I was used to but I did better than I thought I would.

20.6 miles in 3 hours (8:45 avg pace)

I felt pretty good the whole way. I picked up the pace for the final 3.6 miles as Marc's schedule had him stopping at 17 so I was by myself for the end. Long runs make you feel like you are running faster than you really are.

Mike is missing in action and last word is I won't see him again until possibly the middle of September.

2 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

What a great weekend!

Mike is MIA? Better send out the RCMP!

8/25/2008 7:11 AM  
Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Nice run especially considering the later start. Us early morning runners in downeast Maine are spoiled with the always comfortable morning temps.

8/25/2008 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home