Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The run that was

It frequently happens that a run will fall apart while in progress. Less often is a workout that comes together out of seemingly thin air. Today felt like that.

Mike has me nervous about the final miles at PEI so I thought I'd do a simulation. I ran 10 on the highway and then the last 5 on the in-town loop which is much hillier. A three part progression made the workout a success.

Miles 1-5 @ 8:35 pace
Miles 6-10 @ 7:33 pace
Miles 11-15 @ 7:04 pace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Those numbers are almost the same as the ones for my run on Friday - except that I would normally expect you to run faster than me. Maybe I just had a very good run.

8/05/2008 8:47 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Nice run! Glad it came together for you.

Its getting closer!

8/05/2008 9:44 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Thomas, you're getting faster and that's all there is to it.

8/05/2008 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home