Sunday, January 13, 2008

End of Week 12

It's so good to get together with friends for the long run. The other day I realized that training is a lonely business. It really can't be any other way. Paces and workouts are very individual. But I welcome Sundays!

Jonathan, Mike, and I looped out the 20 miles with relative ease this morning. I behaved and didn't tell Mike about the Patriots win. I just gave him the percentage of completed passes by Brady without telling him what statistic I was quoting.

The last of the chocolate balls were consumed and now we are waiting anxiously for whatever Coach J is going to feed us next. Coach J?? Are you out there?

20 miles @ 8:38 pace. 129 HR. I'm not sure if I beat Mike on the heart rate again. I forgot to ask. Easy run. Felt great the whole way.

For the week: 96 miles.

Book update

Finished:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller

Began:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

What, no running books?? yes, you got me on the heartrate again. Are you sure it's not broken? Nice run but not sure what will be on the menu next time around.

1/13/2008 6:20 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I may be able to join you on a weekend run in early February. I'll keep you posted.

You are doing very well with the mileage!

Oh, I apologize for blaspheming earlier by suggesting you take a day off. I have been exorcised and that demon has gone away.

1/13/2008 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home