Friday, January 11, 2008

Good News Bad News

The good news is I was able to hit the lower end of my target HR ranges this morning. Meaning another hard day is in the books.

The bad news is my pace was 7:03 for an HR of 151 which is not exactly how I'd like it to be...

But what can be done? We can't force improvement.

You know what is... It's that pesky one good day I had last week. Running 6:53 pace at 151. And that other good workout two weeks ago when I ran 6:43 pace@ 154 HR. They spoiled me. For it was just 3 weeks ago I was running 7:12 pace @ 149 HR and 7:23 pace for 150 HR.

Well, it'll all come. Maybe with some sleep. Man was I tired this morning. I could barely get out of bed.

12 miles @ 7:03 pace. 151 HR.

Going to run very slowly tomorrow. You can bank on it.

4 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

What can be done, you ask?

How about a day off? I know it may be hard to accept given what an incredible roll you are on, but it surely would not hurt, and may even help. So, go ahead, take a complete rest day...we won't think any less of you.

1/11/2008 7:22 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Those good days can definitely be spoilers. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do.

1/11/2008 8:07 AM  
Blogger Grellan said...

Some days our body exceeds expectations and some days it doesn't - and it all may depend on the mood we get up in, the side of the bed we slept in or the position of the stars -in this case most probably how much rest was had beforehand. Rest is a difficult concept for some runners, myself included.

1/11/2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

I wouldn't worry much. You haven't exactly had much rest lately so an easy day or two will do wonders. Rest is highly underrated.

1/11/2008 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home