Saturday, December 15, 2007

It didn't register until I got back

Just how cold it was.

Brrr. That 9mph headwind out of the west made it a little colder than usual. But thank goodness it was a tailwind for the return trip. Footing was better and I even got in 4 striders at the 7 mile mark. I was feeling really... I'm not sure what I felt like. What's the word? Lethargic? Tight? Pent up? Anyway, I felt the need to do some fast turnover without straining and this stretched things out and I felt much better afterward. It was only telephone pole to telephone pole (with a pole length of rest between) four times but that was enough.

It must have been because yesterday's faster workout turned into a slow run due to weather. Now Monday morning. That will be interesting...

8.1 miles @ 8:20 pace. 135 HR.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew,
I enjoy reading your blog. Training methods are very interesting. I am Mike's cousin and I live in Hinton, Alberta, Canada. Also a runner and triathlete. Currently training for Ironman Arizona in April. Started blogging about it recently at LOVE2TRI ALBERTA (Kinda stole the label from Mike). Good luck in your training!

12/15/2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

And he leaves a comment on your blog 1st to announce himself! Maybe I do have some speedy genes after all..

Speedy can be found at:
http://love2tri-alberta.blogspot.com/

Nice run Andrew. I hope we can get Sunday's long run in before the blizzard hits.

12/15/2007 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home