Friday, January 12, 2007

Running blind

Patience I guess. Yesterday an easy 6. Right leg a little bothersome which is frustrating. Today I'll do an easy 9.

It was cold yesterday. I finally wore my new balaclava that I got for Christmas. It fogged up my glasses. So I took them off.

Big mistake. I obviously haven't run without my glasses in years. I was blind as a bat out there. I couldn't see a thing. All the lights were big 'puffs' of light - large round circles of exploding light. Streetlamps, headlights, the moon - you name it, I ran amongst the fireworks. Very disorienting.

Finally, dawn broke, a car ahead a stop sign turning on to the street I was on. The blinker giving me intermittent puffs of light and then the car turned to drive toward me without its headlights on. It disappeared! Nothing. I knew the car was there but I couldn't see it. At. all.

I didn't realize my eyes were so bad. Today, I run with my glasses on.

6 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew...you'll never reach 2:45 (and beyond) from the hood of a car. Be careful out there for crying out loud!!

1/12/2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I dunno. Cars go fast. I bet riding on a hood would get you there in UNDER 2:45...although, I don't recommend it. Freaky.

1/12/2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Another danger exists in that you could walk into someone else's house when you're done, and think that it's your own. I wonder if they'd make you breakfast?

1/12/2007 9:47 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

You'd think the locals would have the courtesy to drive with their lights off when they see you coming. Keep your head up!

1/14/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

How about contacts? My glasses fog and it sucks so I've started wearing my contacts again. They are not great if I have to read anything but they work great for running.

I have freinds who have done the lazer surgery and swear by it.

1/15/2007 10:57 PM  
Blogger MB said...

the challenge was accepted 12 weeks ago (14Oct) still on track?

time to re-group? update?

sugarloaf being a downhill course; the little engine needs to first climb the mountain- i think i can, i think i can. . .

1/16/2007 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home