Thursday, January 04, 2007

Easy Street

Scheduled: 12 easy. And that's what I did. The weather was fairly warm @ 30F and the roads clear of ice. It's the gravel on the road now that's bothersome. My thin shoes allow me the pleasure of feeling every little pebble the sander has thrown down. But it's better than ice.

No complaints today. I think my 'real' problem yesterday was a serious lack of sleep. I generally don't get very much anyway (~6 hours per night). So when I get less due to a cold or in my case, a sore throat, it makes running difficult. Last night, however, I lathered up with Vicks and slept the sleep of the just.

I bounded out of bed at 3:30 and was on the road by 4:30. A full moon's glow diffused through translucent clouds lit the roads quite nicely. The plan was to do 4 easy loops. But after 2 loops, I met up with Eric and joined him for the rest of the 12. I felt fine during the run, relaxed and at ease. My right quad gives me a little pain during the day now - sort of like a delayed stiffness. This recovery week should help that out too.

Not much else to report as I wait out the recovery period. 100 miles at an easy pace just doesn't sound very exciting. Just more fuel I guess.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Good you're keeping it on cruise control while getting over the cold and the sore quad. The hay will be in the barn when you're ready to rev the engine, I'm sure.

1/04/2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Out of bed at 330?? No wonder you get tired. Glad to hear you had a better run today.

1/04/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Banking Miles said...

Not only out of bed at 3:30 but actually "bounded out of be at 3:30." Every time I read about you running at such an hour makes me feel sleepy but also impressed at your dedication...or insomnia.

1/04/2007 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home