Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A slow, slow road to recovery

Man, am I having trouble. First a low mileage week at 19 miles, then what appeared to be a good week at 49 miles. However, no long miles and nothing like Lydiard's program done. Then, today (beginning last night) my legs hurt and ached like I had arthritis.  Worse then the blow it is doing to my miles, it has got me down - kind of like the winter blues I had last January. It's a case of wanting to run, but either not able to do the mileage or worse, able but letting motivation issues get in the way. This morning I couldn't get out of bed for the run and I can't decide if it was the legs or mind that was the most sluggish. Tomorrow, I hope, will be a different story.

Eric and I ran the Moosehorn Wildlife Refuge on Saturday. 11.2 miles of beautiful woods and meadows. We had to stop at one point to let some geese and their chicks run ahead of us to a pond (there was no way around them). Near the end of the run we spotted a moose out for its morning workout running through a field. Cross country runner.

A short post. Typical of a mind uneasy. Need to run. Will go out tomorrow to squash the funk.

2 Comments:

Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Nothing makes me feel more helpless than being 600 miles away from a running friend in a funk. Snap out of it man!

6/08/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Funks suck. I was there last week. My mileage was down because of PF and rain, rain and more rain. Finally I got a long run in on Thursday and am feeling much better about it. Get out get that run in and turn around. You can do it. Your buddy may be miles away but he's still there.

6/11/2005 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home