Monday, April 25, 2005

No crowds, no goal, no pressure

Going to go for a finisher's medal this coming Sunday at the Race of Champions Marathon in West Springfield (or thereabouts), MA. My legs feel recovered enough for a finish which is what I crave most after Boston's DNF. So I thought that I'd try to find a marathon without the hoopla and go and enjoy myself. Perhaps this one is the ticket. It looks small, fun, and I can register on race day at the start which is a real bonus. Temp's are forecasted to be lower 60's so I hope the 10 degrees makes a positive difference. But most of all, no pressure. I'll go out with no goal and no plan. Just run within myself and have fun.

To go with this, I am still doing recovery training. Yesterday did a great 15 miles with Marc at the Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge. Then this morning ran a rainy (and I mean rainy) 10 with Eric around Eastport. Plan to do 5 tomorrow, perhaps 10 on Wednesday then take a few days off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This race is about a half hour drive from where I live. From what I've heard, it's a low-key, no-frills race, but it's well done for what it is. If I were going to be around this weekend (I'm not), I'd be tempted to go and cheer you on. Have fun with it, and I'll hope for good weather.

4/26/2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I'm in Calgary, our marathon in July is definitely small compared to Boston or even Houston. Last year we had just under 1000 entrants. It's a little further to travel but there's the Calgary Stampede which follows the week after.

http://www.calgarymarathon.com

4/26/2005 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home