Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Good Weekend

Took over a week to fully recover from climbing Mt. Katahdin but it’s done.  Recovering from over-exertion is taking longer and longer it seems.  Until today I hadn’t run what I thought to be a decent workout since the 5 mile race on August 15th.

Work is stressful and is taking a lot of energy – leaving little for anything else.  So I was glad to have three days off and I rested up a storm.  Lots of reading and napping and with the heat breaking I’m feeling much better.

Ran a nice 13 mile run in cool weather with Mike on Sunday.  Easy pace but the legs were still a little sore by the end.  Good to have Mike back from his travels.  Perhaps he’ll settle down now.  Of course, he’s scaring me with a lot of rot talk about his fitness level.  I had to take him to task.  You’d think he’d just had surgery or something.

Monday I slept in and got caught up with the hectic schedule of reading and napping. 

And this morning I was ready for a nice workout.  Long sleeve temperatures and very little wind made for a nice progression run.  Did 10 miles @ 6:22 pace (last in 5:48) feeling very good throughout.  Then I jogged another three around town looking for Eric to see if he was about.  I didn’t find him though.  Finished with some striders and drills.  Just what I needed to lift my spirits.

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

speed racer! Nice run A- How many days until your marathon?

9/08/2009 2:00 PM  
Blogger Trevor said...

Nice to see you back in the swing of things Andrew, still zooming along. Take out some of the work stress during your runs.

9/08/2009 10:06 PM  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'm surprised he managed to get a word in edgeways... you would have had a massive backlog of lame jokes to 'humour' him with ;)

9/10/2009 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home