Friday, January 02, 2009

Seeing is Believing


And I believe I can not see through the ice on my glasses.
 
The cold north wind made today's run very difficult in terms of comfort.  I was warm enough with my face mask and multiple layers of clothing but unfortunately with each breath I put another layer of ice onto my glasses.  I could not see with them on and I can not see with them off.  I seem to forget this little fun fact at the beginning of each winter and I was reminded again.
 
So the workout was a real chore and after six miles I estimated that the marginal cost of each mile was approaching the marginal benefit as it was taking me a long time to run each three mile loop.  Next time I think I'll layer the nose up with Vaseline and have the mask just cover my mouth.
 

 
6 miles @ 9:15 pace.

Posted via email from downeastrunning's posterous

4 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Yeow! I think I'll wait for spring or at least the sunrise.

1/02/2009 7:26 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

How about rigging up some sort of defroster using a few wires and a 9v battery?

Happy New Year!

1/02/2009 11:04 AM  
Blogger Garry said...

The picture is scary. I hope you don't pass by on school yards on your runs!

1/02/2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Andy you're a true die-hard running in that awful freezing windy weather. Way to go! I stayed inside.

1/05/2009 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home