Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just Good Old Boys

Ms. V shares her first 45 with us here, so I thought I'd share my first 45 too:




And the flip side?



Well, no American women came out to run today with us today. Just a couple of good old boys running through squall after squall. There must be some sort of weather traffic jam in Ireland as their rain and wind is starting to back up over here.

When I got up and saw the nasty weather I wondered if prudence didn't require a pass on this one. But then the challenge came across the ether in the form of an email subject line:

Still Willing?

There was the commander taunting me from across the Passamaquoddy Bay. Well, I'm not laying down for any Canadian, so I sent back a terse response:

I'm on my way.

I rushed out the door and therefore missed his reply:

You Fool.

So we two fools ran 12 miles in the pouring rain for the 2nd week in a row. Talking had to be shouting as we couldn't hear for the wind and rain. The hills were steeper than usual and the pace was above 9 minutes per mile. At 7.5 miles we turned out of the wind and had the pleasure of some help at our backs.

This time I remembered to bring some dry clothes so I was comfortable and able to hang out a bit and eat more of Mike's cookies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Where are all those American Women hiding? I need more incentive to make that weekly border check. Glad you held me to task today. Thanks!

11/16/2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

We've got so much wind and rain at the moment we all decided it would be unkind not to share it with you guys.

11/16/2008 2:59 PM  
Blogger Ms. V. said...

See? It's 56 here at 10pm, and I think it's brisk.

You guys crack me up. I think I read you because you are like some bizarre running experiment. I can't believe you run in that weather!!

PS-LOVE American Woman...Dukes, not so much. :)

11/17/2008 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home