Friday, January 25, 2008

My Walk

(The following story was handed to me by my 6 yr old daughter last night.)

 

My Walk

 

I walked down a path and I saw a bird’s nest.  It was in a tree.  I climbed up the tree and saw some eggs.  Then I saw the mother coming.  I saw her face.  It did not look very happy.  I climbed down the tree.  Then I looked up in the tree.  The mother was guarding her eggs.  It started to get dark, so I went home.

 

The next day I went down the path again.  I climbed up the tree.  The eggs were hatched.  Then I saw the mother.  She had a worm in her beak.  She fed her babies and then sang a pretty song.  I loved the song so much that I hummed along.

 

And that is how I learned to hum.

 

***************************************************

 

I love surprise endings.

 

7 miles @ 8:56 pace. HR 125.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Now that's what I call a lovely story!

1/25/2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Being a guy and all, I do not use this word very often, if at all, but that is one cute story!

1/25/2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Your daughter writes a nice story. Inspirational.

1/28/2008 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home