Saturday, October 20, 2007

This is where boring begins

45 minutes today. The right leg is the one that is complaining now. It talked to me all day. Lucky for me, my massage guy is back in town and I'll get set up next week.

No acute pain, just general soreness. Those extra 6 miles after 20 in a race really do it to you. It's a weak point for me speed-wise. I'm lucky to hold on to my pace. I'm hoping to have a bit more flexibility in those legs in those final miles in the next race (so I can actually 'race' more than the first 20).

So begins the long winter of miles and miles.

The plan? I'm going to try to work through Hadd again. I will spend a little more time at each level. Last time I think I rushed it a little. With no marathon selected for next year yet, I have time to let the body get the proper training effect. I assume there will be a spring marathon but I don't know where or when.

Triple digits? I sure would like to see it. Maybe just before the transition period from aerobic development to race prep...

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Boring? Your running is never boring, just think roller coaster or train wreck or maybe even a traveling (3 B-M) circus ;-) Looking forward to being a small part of it.

10/21/2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Boring is good when it comes to base building. The more boring the plan reads on paper the less likely you are to get injured.

10/21/2007 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home