Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Appetite is back

I hadn't notice that it had actually gone anywhere but today I was starving at the end of this morning's 10 miler. Instead of the normal oatmeal I had eggs topped with grated cheese and 4 pieces of toast.

And then for lunch I had a really large sandwich.

Mmm. That was a good bowl of ice cream just now for dessert after supper. My goodness. Looks like I'm making up for that long run.

Energy I guess.

Needless to say, I won't expect any weight reduction from my running this week. There's always next week.

And finally, a word about adolescent deer. What's got into them?? They've been trotting down the street like they own the place. And now they wag their little tails at me. This morning I had to stop in my tracks as two of these playful creatures made a dash - at me! There I was, running along, minding my own business, when around a corner I come across two of these young ones playing dice or whatnot in the middle of the street. They look up, see me, and then start bounding toward me! I stopped up short and was thinking a fast retreat might be a good idea when, just before I was trampled in some fun fawn game, the little buggers tossed off into the woods. Phew!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

I'll resist any hunting jokes for the time being...

But nice job on the run, and your body wanting fuel is only a good sign. MDI, lookout!

9/25/2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I can see the headline now: Fun Fawn Frolic Fatality: Runner Run Down by Ruminants.

9/26/2007 12:41 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm thinking it's some form of communication about the airport fence. They are either blaming you, or they want you to get rid of that darn thing since it is impeding the freedom of deer and runners in the area.

9/27/2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

That's too funny! Wish I could have been there. Your running seems to have turned around a bit. See you!

9/27/2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger MB said...

more fuel for the fire, bring it on, stay healthy and train smart, you can do it

9/29/2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Ingo said...

Just caught up with your blog and noticed that you seem to be struggling with PF as well. I had to stop my training regime in May for multiple reasons until I realized that something was wrong with my foot. My first post on this can be found here.

It's been almost 6 moths now and I am still nursing it. Watch out buddy as "a partial commitment can make plantar fasciitis last forever".

“Treatment of plantar fasciitis can be a long and frustrating process for both the coach and athlete. If you do not have a firm grasp of the goals of this rehabilitation program your best advice will be to find a professional who routinely deals with athletic injuries."

10/02/2007 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home