Wednesday, September 05, 2007

2008... What will she bring?

Because 2007 is shot.

The foot is in a state. Right foot, right side, just below the ankle. Severe pain in the morning. Red mark. Foot is bearable with ibuprofen during the day.

I can't feel it just now due to an old Irish remedy.

I am going to see a podiatrist. Something is wrong - more so than the normal injuries I am used to. I've done something to the old boy and I don't know what. I think it stems from something simple to an aggravated condition since I've had some slight pain for a month or so. Now the chickens have come home to roost.

If I can recover, I'd like to join my pals at the MDI marathon for some light hearted marathoning. If not, I'll be a spectator. Marc is back on track so it looks like he' s running the race. This is great. Mike's recent posts claim some trouble on the training front and maybe a revision to his racing plan. But as Marc pointed out to me today: "Mike says things are tough and then smokes a PR". I think there's a word for this. Hustler.....

And how about that crazy southern Mainer? 31 miles of mountain running - for fun. He's part goat. I'll still show up for that camping / running trip next week if only to be part of the run (somehow).

Maybe things will just clear up on their own. Maybe a little rest? Marc and his rusty saw?

This will be the first year since 2003 I've haven't run a marathon. Many, many lessons to be learned here. Classic.

"Don't you know what you're doing?"- parenthetical intro to Suicide Blonde by INXS.

5 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Now there's a bummer, but don't overdo it on the Olde Irish Remedies - they have side effects!

After breaking 3 hours I thought you were set up for a great 2007, but things don't always work out that way, and you certainly tend to push the envelope a bit.

Get better soon, and after a good rest the body might be up for great things in 2008.

9/06/2007 5:00 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Bummer about the foot. Hope it's something not too serious and the doctors can get you back on track.

There is a chance I may not be able to make it next weekend, but I'll keep you posted. Will know by the end of this weekend.

9/06/2007 5:44 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Sometimes a podiatrist really can work wonders. I hope you have a good one there. I remember thinking my first big case of Morton's neuroma would sideline me for a month or so, as every step was painful. The guy I found had me running the next day with a change to the insoles. I realize I was very lucky.

I'm hoping you can keep your chin up, as I feel part of healing is certainly mental. Good luck Andrew, I hope you can join the gang for the race

9/06/2007 8:17 AM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Let's see...13 months 'til PEI. Maybe Holyoke is in the cards to help kick off '08?

9/06/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Oh, man! I don't know what to say but to get a good doctor soon. And the lessons learned are? Take care now.

9/06/2007 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home