Monday, May 21, 2007

Rebuilding

Last week my legs, through careful attention, started to come back. Many weeks to MDI, I can afford a longer build. It's sort of a long walk to the starting line of training. My goal this year is to train at more appropriate levels of intensity and training long & far enough to maximize my aerobic capacity within the bounds injury prevention.

A tall order for me.

Step one: Build more slowly than I normally do.

Step two: Introduce varied / hilly terrain more gradually.

Step three: Full warmup / cooldown jogs.

Last week:

Sunday - 0

Monday - 2.36 miles low aerobic (75%) ~7:00/mile; 6.5 miles total.

Tuesday - 3 miles low aerobic ~ 7:08 pace; 5.16 miles total.

Wednesday - 3 miles high aerobic (80%) ~ 6:40 pace; 5.12 miles total.

Thursday - 3 miles low aerobic ~ 7:03 pace; 5.07 miles total.

Friday - 3 miles high aerobic ~ 6:39 pace; 5.87 miles total.

Saturday - 3 miles low aerobic ~ 7:08 pace; 7.04 miles total.

Totals:

34.76 miles w/17.36 miles aerobic work. At the heart rate ranges above, last week's work was @ 20% of optimum. Each week, I will try increase the percentage until I am at or near optimum.

6 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Will you stick to base-training again, or are you planning on introducing hills and anaerobic phases this time?

5/21/2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Introduce hills??? You can't walk out your door without being faces with hills and more hills! Step 1, repeat ;-) and beware of races are my 2 bits.

5/21/2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Good plan. Five months until the race, so as you eluded to, no need to rush things. Your training is like a fine wine that's to be sipped and enjoyed.

5/22/2007 6:12 AM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

I have to tell you that I enjoy following your progress. You really break it down and make sense of the details. I love that. Thanks for putting it out there.

5/22/2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Andrew, you definitely cover the full spectrum of training. I can't think of another blogger who'll run 100+ mpw with quality and then run 30 mpw.

5/23/2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger yipwt said...

hi...just stumbled upon your blog...nice blog.

i could learn a thing or two from here.

cheers..

5/24/2007 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home