Monday, April 09, 2007

25 weeks to taper

A couple of weeks ago, I retyped my marathon training plan adjusting training paces and dates. So far week 1 ended with 12.85 miles (see Saturday's post) with the rest being 'rest'.

Week 2 is upon us and we started with 4.5 miles of recovery running. I went out this morning open to what may come knowing Saturday's effort on such poor training was going take longer to recover from than I would like. I was hoping for an hour but only got 40 minutes before my left knee started to hurt and I pulled the plug on the run.

Still feel refreshed but I'll have to ice that knee. I iced it Saturday and by Sunday it was feeling much better. I'll be doing this routine for awhile I imagine as these knee issues always take time to heal up.

I poke along so slowly when I'm by myself. 8:52 pace today with an HR of 135.

9:38
8:33
8:42
8:40
4:27 (8:46 pace)

Eric caught me walking home. He was just beginning his 10 miler. Wx cool @ 32F and a slight NW wind. Not that bad really.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Take care of that knee. Are the shoes in good order? Thanks again for coming out on Sat.

Oh, and mad Bob at
http://blogmyruns.blogspot.com/
makes a good point about turning off word verify to promote more commenting.

4/09/2007 7:12 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

What exactly is going on with the knee?! Hope it's nothing too serious?

4/09/2007 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home