Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rehab continues

Day 4 into rehab and the leg is feeling better. A good sign. My back hurts now, but that will pass. Spent the day yesterday chopping and lugging in preparation of the next artic freeze coming tonight. Expecting it to last for the week. Running, when resumed, will be gentle and short. Perhaps three miles to start?

Funny, now that I'm not out there abusing myself I feel fast. No evidence to support such a feeling. Maybe it's the similarity to a taper. The leg took a good 4 days to stop hurting on its own. I'm sure now that the main complainer is quieting down, I'll be able to hear the aches and groans of lesser injuries a little better now. Nothing yet.

On the weight front, I haven't checked my progress. Don't expect much right off, but I've taken pains to stop the snacking, eat properly, and limit the quantity. There are signs I'm on the right track. When I start up with the running, it will help.

On the bright side, others are breaking down the walls. The computer screen shines brilliantly as I read the blog of these high performance runners.

Jamie for instance. Man, look at that workout. His BQ will be BBQ with enough left over for all of us.

Marc is killing the progression runs in hill country. He's ready to move into marathon specific training for Buffalo. Another BQ rocket on its way to the launch pad.

Mark in Alberta now running 90 minutes @ 8:34/mile easily. A new set of legs & lungs - you can't deny the training.

Off to another cup of tea, another nap.  This clinic is tough.

End day 4.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason The Running Man said...

Great blog, don't freeze!

2/05/2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger Faithful Soles said...

My name is Robert Key and I am a runner from Houston, Texas. I saw your blog listed when I was looking through the RBF directory and very much enjoyed reading some of your entries. I too am fighting a nasty leg injury, except mine is my lower left shin. I can sympathize with you as to how much it hurts not to be able to get out and do your normal routine.

I have a web site at http://www.faithfulsoles.com that is inspirational stories for walkers, runners and athletes of all ages and abilities. I recently added to the site a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database where members of my site can find a blog of interest to them based on other walkers, runners or athletes of similar abilities, goals and interests. To my knowledge it is the only one of its kind specifically for walkers and runners on the internet. I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to put a link to your blog in our Running Blog Database (in the first week I had it online, I had over 50 bloggers from around the world link their blogs to it, including "jason the running man" who commented just above me here). Just click on "Link your running blog" under "Free Features" from the home page. If you want to learn more about my running background, just click on "Meet Robert" from the main menu , or to learn more about my involvement in the running community, click on "Faithful Soles in the news" in the left column under "Weekly Features". I also have a blog that I just started at http://faithfulsoles.blogspot.com, but most of my running information is on my web site. Also, if there is anyone else in your blogger network that you think would be interested in listing their blog, please feel free to pass this information along to them. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

2/05/2007 2:13 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Thanks for the kind words! Hope the rehab provides the intended results and you're back on the road soon.

2/05/2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

I am a little concerned about your weight issues...I mean, will there still be pie when I come up this weekend??

You should be thankful,to some degree, that you are in rehab. It is nasty with the wind and cold out there this week.

Robert, put a shirt on for crying out loud.

2/05/2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

Yeah, I wish this was a rest week and could be in rehab. Also need some more hours in the day and beer in the fridge. And don't get too rested for the weekend, eh?

2/05/2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Wow. "High performance"? I need to do a lot more work before I feel qualified but thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

2/05/2007 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home