Thursday, February 08, 2007

Nice day

Got out again on my quest to get my training back. I took about a week or so off to calm the right leg down. It was a good call. My leg stopped hurting after a few days going up and down stairs and generally felt pretty good. Therefore I was a little disappointed this morning when there was a general soreness in the right quad during my run. I decided that a 6 mile core portion of the run would be best.

Overall, I'm satisfied with how the body responded this morning after the layoff. I went out to run a 7:25 and ended up with a 7:02 pace with relative ease. I think I would have done a little damage if I kept going. I'm trying to behave myself and not aggravate this leg.

Also, I'm trying to include more of a warmup and cooldown in order to alleviate some stress on the body - the cold start and sudden finish.

HR I think was a little high but I'm not sure. Temp 5F with hardly any wind. Very nice.

Total 8.55 miles in 1:04:31 w/6 @ 7:02 avg pace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Geez, all of your thoughts are just too darn reasonable to argue with. Warm up, cool down, listen to the body, and still keep the average pace within shouting distance of marathon pace. Nice run, I'm looking forward to reading about many more of these. Hope the leg stays calmed down.

2/08/2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Sounds like a smart approach to me. I bet that felt great to get out there again today after the layoff. Kudos on playing the whole situation smart. Hope your recovery and rebound is a greater success than Lisa Novak's.

2/08/2007 9:34 AM  
Blogger MB said...

I saw your time and thought, geez that's what I ran today, almost, a 63:41, transpose a few numbers. Good to see your on the roads again

2/08/2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

It's getting a little spooky now. My log says 7.6 mi in 63:30. Should I be looking over my shoulder?

2/08/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Sweet. Sounds like you're on the come back trail.

2/09/2007 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home