Monday, November 13, 2006

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

At least that's how it started. A nice 21 miler with Mike on Sunday morning even if he did pick up the pace at the end. He was looking for that special 'silent mile'. The pace where I stop talking. Hmmm.

Today the picture got slightly fuzzy with the scheduled 15 miler. I hooked up with Eric early and ran his course with him instead of mine. This meant no water for 10 miles so the silent mile came early as I started to feel dehydrated. Grabbed some water at 10 miles but it was too late. By my 12 I had abdominal cramps and the run ended back at the house at 12.5 miles. Easy pace of 8:48.

However, now I don't think it was an isolated occurrence of being dehydrated. I had to come home from work early today to be in the comfort of my own home as I still had distress. I ended up napping for 3 hours. So tomorrow's workout is TBD since I don't know how I'll be feeling tomorrow.

Training for tomorrow is scheduled to be Medium Even Paced Continuous Run at 90% MP. This translates into 10 miles with an average pace of 7:02 or thereabouts. Purpose: Aerobic Resistance.

Last week I ended the with 61.2 miles. Average pace: 8:06. Avg HR 144.

Last 4 weeks:

Miles Pace HR
56 8:15 145
52.2 8:48 138
72.6 8:24 139
61.2 8:06 144

2:45 report: 21 miler done with ease. Felt good.

Wreckage report: Some type of sickness starting to dog me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Now that's interesting, because Mike swears that it was you who set the fast pace for most of the run (though he DID admit to upping the pace towards the end).

11/14/2006 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home