Saturday, September 23, 2006

Time to Goof Off

That's what Marc and I decided today. Done all I can do. Rest, recover, repeat - on tap for the upcoming 7 days to Marathon #9.

I closed the door on training today by breezing through 5 miles in 30:42. The legs are feeling fresh, strong, ready to compete. 57F and a steady rain accompanied me through the first mile in 6:34, 2nd in 6:04, 3&4 6:05 apiece, and shutting the lid with a 5:55 headwind finish. Avg HR @ 169 or 87%.

Tempo just doesn't feel the same anymore.

When I finished, I just stood there, hands on my hips, face to the sky, rain pouring down. I'm ready. Bring it on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Yup, I wish the race was tommorow so I wouldn't have a whole week to stew about it. What to do? Can't run, can't eat, can't sleep (all I do is dream about the race), can't (or won't) clean the garage... Yes, bring it on! We're as ready as we're going to be and it will be fun to watch ;-)

9/23/2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Anderson said...

Gotta love the tapers! Great splits. You're going to rock the Wineglass!

9/26/2006 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home