Monday, June 05, 2006

Some Quality

Made plans with Eric this morning to do some hills. Eric must have gotten detained as he didn't show - so around 5am I decided to go solo. Still on the injured list - so mileage is out of the question but I'm good for short runs without tightening or pain. That makes these hill workouts ideal.

After .8 miles for a warmup I did 6 x hill in front of my house. After the 6th, I felt like I had "enough" and any additional hills would make me start feeling like I did last week. No need to shock the neighbors by having them find me sprawled on their lawn attempting to crawl back to my house. Did .8 miles for a cooldown and called it a day.

Trying to be patient here with the mileage issue. I've promised myself to take as long as I need to build it back up slowly. I got in 4.4 miles on Saturday in an easy jog, a break half way and easy back. My original plan for the first 6 weeks of summer was to do 3 quality sessions per week with easy running on the off days. One of those quality sessions, of course, was the long run. It doesn't appear I will be doing any long runs soon, so I'm down to two. The 'off' days have been just that: 'off'. I am hoping to re-introduce some easy running on non-quality days this week.

17 weeks to the marathon I want to run. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Who knows, maybe this initial low mileage limitation will change my normal boom and bust cycle I seem so fond of.

2 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

No long runs :-( It's gonna be lonely at Boyden Lake... Get better!

6/06/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Still injured but recovering. That's good to hear.

"No need to shock the neighbors by having them find me sprawled on their lawn attempting to crawl back to my house."
I love this comment and while my running is no wheres near your calibur, I can still relate.

Heal fast, I always enjoy reading about your triumphs and challenges.

6/10/2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home