Saturday, May 27, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

I should have waited until I actually went running before I posted that I felt better. Unfortunately, it is not the case. Two miles is all the left knee had. Too bad. I was looking forward to having this behind me. No pain at all during the week walking around on it. Looks like it's a true 'running' injury.

Details: Left knee area. Hurts to move leg - especially in running motion. Hurts to touch if pressed. Hurts to walk but lightens up as the day wears on. It is on the left side of the knee - sort of some connective "tissue / band / bone" that connects the upper leg to the lower leg.

I feel like Barbaro - but a poorer cousin.

To top it all off, the HR was elevated. I got about 7/8 mile before the leg started hurting. That's about 3/4 of mile further than the last time - what progress! Take 10 days off and get another 3/4 of a mile. Just great.

Looks like I'm at zero. You know what they say... "When you hit bottom, start digging."

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Sorry to hear the run didn't go well. :-(

5/27/2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tough break Andrew. I hope you get healed up and back to training as soon as possible.

5/28/2006 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home