Sunday, April 23, 2006

Diary of a Taperist - Day 1

It may be day 'one' of two weeks rest, but I've been a cheat I must confess. "Through no fault of my own", I quote with grace, for why my shoes have not moved from their place. A soreness persists from late in March; not knee, not shin, or medial arch. A quadricep issue of lasting effect has me curiously lame and down I detect. I've rallied at points on speedy short bursts, proving I can run at the pace to reap my desserts. Yet, for the past month my miles don't exist beyond just enough for me to subsist. Ah, just what will happen in two long weeks? After continued confinement - a spoiling of peak? At least I rest with a conscience clear; I cannot return for out of fear of ruining whatever chance remains of recovered injury and a race day of gain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Legs and Wings said...

I see you are looking inward for the answers. What to do? I'm sorry it has come to this for you Andrew. I hope this quad issue gives way and you can get back on track. It's sad news...but, have hope that something good will turn for you. Take care of yourself - and don't sit in too much ice water.

4/23/2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

http://steverunner.com/PodCasts/Fdip41.mp3
Here's a crazy podcast of a runner doing this years Boston. It's fun. Take it easy & GET BETTER SOON!!

4/23/2006 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home